Monday, September 1, 2014

Quick and Easy Cards by Yvonne Blair

Hi everyone! 

Glad to be back and this time I am here with some quick and easy cards. 
Teresa's designs make it so easy to put things together and these are no exceptions. 
I used the "cards" Nine and Co. paper. 
It has a bunch of 3 x 4 cards already designed so all you have to do is cut them apart. 
I also used the overlays, some sequins, One of the file folders I had left over from another project and a couple pieces out of the ephemera pack. 
 This one is made using the file folder.  I just cut it down to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. 
This made a perfect A2 size card and I even have more of the folder left over to use for something else. 
I then used part of an overlay to add some GOLD and interest.  
Adhered one of the 3 x 4 cards on top, ties some seem binding, added a few sequins and there you have it! An easy peasy card that you can make in a pinch or have on hand. 
 The one below, I ran a piece of cardstock through my Cut'n'boss using 
Teresa's Decor Circles.  My card base size is A2 so I cut that embossed piece to 4 x 5 1/4. 
Adhered it to the card base.  Then I adhered part of a doily to the left over overlay from the above card and a decorative piece out of the ephemera pack.  I then adhered that down, using the doily to hide the adhesive to the card. Added a couple of pennants from the Chipboard embellishments, tied some seem binding and another card done! Oh...I almost forgot, I used the 'hello there' from Terese's new journal snippets from her signature essentials line. Put a cute little brad to highlight it and then done, wink. 

 For the last card I used another overlay. I cut it down to 4 x 5 1/4, adhered the butterfly and the 'smile always' to the top of the overlay.  The 'smile always' was fussy cut from one of the 3 x 4 cards. 
Then tied a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the overlay.
Before I adhered the overlay I attached two doilies to the card foundation itself.  I then adhered the overlay on top.  It really makes a nice dimensional card that is not to thick to put through the mail. 

 Hope you enjoyed these quick and easy cards.  I don't know about you but I am always caught off guard with the need for a card.  Now I am building a stash of them.  I won't be caught off guard again, wink.  
Hope you have a wonderful week....see you next time! 

4 comments:

  1. They are all so beautiful, Yvonne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so inspiring!

    Thanks for sharing Yvonne!

    Team Craftwell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...